The League of Women Voters of Oak Ridge, a nonpartisan political organization for men and women, encourages informed and active participation in government, works to increase understanding of major public policy issues, and influences public policy through education and advocacy. The League neither supports nor opposes any candidate, party, or political appointee.
The League works to bring about constructive change by
- registering voters and defending voting rights.
- informing citizens about their rights and responsibilities.
- informing the public through our in-depth issue analyses.
- sponsoring candidate debates and public issue forums.
- taking action through lobbying for change.
Get involved in your community! Learn more about environmental issues in Oak Ridge at the free Community School -- a series of three seminars in September. Advance registration is required.